Our cheesy garlic roasted asparagus features tender roasted asparagus flavored with garlic and topped with savory Gruyere cheese.
So, this recipe might seem a little out of place on More Than Meat and Potatoes. Honestly, it is unusual for Kim and I to add a bunch of cheese to our roasted vegetables.
However, there are days when even we won’t turn down a tasty veggie covered in gooey Gruyere cheese. Today happens to be one of those days. We hope you decide to join us for this delicious deviation from the norm.
How to make cheesy roasted garlic asparagus:
First, start by preheating your oven to 425Â°F, and greasing a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Additionally, go ahead and prep the asparagus. For more information, see the last recommendation in the tips section.
Next, in a small or medium mixing bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
Afterward, place the asparagus on the sheet pan. Drizzle the seasoned oil over the spears.
Now, place the vegetable into the oven to cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove it from the oven and top it with the shredded cheese.
Last, place the sheet pan back into the oven for another 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese.
Once the cheese has melted, remove the pan from the oven and serve the side dish.
That’s it, your cheesy garlic roasted asparagus recipe is done. Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Recipe Tips and FAQ’s:
- If you don’t care for Gruyere cheese, then grated or shredded Parmesan cheese also works for this recipe.
- For al dente’ asparagus, skip pre-cooking it for 5-7 minutes. Go ahead and sprinkle the cheese on top and then roast everything together for 10-12 minutes.
- Be sure to wash and trim your asparagus before getting started. For the best results, cut away the bottom third of the spear (the spot where the green color begins to fade).
What kind of cheese goes well with asparagus?
What does asparagus pair well with?
Chicken is also a safe bet; however, make sure to properly season the poultry. Otherwise, the strong flavor of asparagus will overpower the delicate or neutral flavor of chicken.
- 1 Lb. Asparagus, ends removed
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced or pressed (about 4 small cloves)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Black Pepper
- 4 Ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
- In a small bowl mix together avocado oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place the asparagus in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the garlic mixture over the asparagus.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, then remove from the oven. Top with Gruyere cheese.
- Return to the oven and broil until the cheese melts and becomes golden, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 4-ounces of cheesy garlic roasted asparagus. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.