Cajun Butter Steak Bites are tender sirloin steak tossed in a homemade Cajun butter. The result are flavorful, spicy steak bites prepared in less than 30 minutes.
Over the last several years, we’ve been making our own flavored butters. One of the newest flavors is Cajun compound butter, and it has bit of heat.
We decided that a great way to use it would be to make a hearty dish that could stand up to the spicy flavors of the butter. Cajun butter steak bites came to mind immediately.
These steak bites are seared then tossed in the Cajun butter. It creates a wonderful “sauce” of sorts while adding tons of flavor into the meat.
Cajun butter steak bites only take about 25 to 30 minutes from start to finish and can be enjoyed as-is or in a burrito, with cheesy roasted asparagus, with a side of sautéed broccoli, a side of Garlic Mashed Potatoes, or over rice.
How to Make Cajun Butter Steak Bites:
*To make this recipe exactly as written, you’ll need to make the Cajun compound butter recipe ahead of time or use another similar product in it’s place.
Begin by cutting the steak into bite-sized, uniform pieces. We like to use sirloin or another lean, tender cut.
Try to cut the pieces roughly the same size; otherwise they may not cook evenly. Heat a large skillet over low-medium heat.
Add the avocado oil, and allow it to get hot (about 30 seconds or so). Work in batches, and place the steak pieces into the skillet.
Cook the steak pieces for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they reach the desired doneness.
Remove the steak bites from the pan to a waiting plate, and repeat until all the steak is cooked. Add the Cajun butter, and allow it to melt.
Return the cooked steak pieces to the pan, and gently toss to coat with butter. Remove from heat, and serve hot.
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you have to sear the steak bites?
It’s not necessary to sear the Cajun butter steak bites, but it is recommended. Searing helps to lock in moisture and enhance the flavor of the meat.
If you add the butter and steak at the same time, watch it closely to ensure the butter doesn’t burn.
Can you adjust the amount of the Cajun butter in the recipe?
Yes, absolutely! Use more or less Cajun butter for the steak bites according to your tastes.
Can you make this recipe with chicken?
Feel free to swap out beef for another protein like chicken, fish, or shrimp. However, that will be another recipe entirely with different cook times and temperatures.
- Change this recipe up by using herb butter in place of Cajun butter. The herb butter adds a nice savory flavor to the steak bites that’s full of garlic and fresh herbs.
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1.5 Pounds Sirloin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Cajun Compound Butter
- This recipe requires Cajun compound butter, which needs to be made ahead of time, or another similar product.
- Heat a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add the avocado oil and allow it to get hot, about 30 seconds.
- Work in batches, and add the steak pieces. Cook the steak pieces 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan to a waiting plate. Continue with the remaining pieces.
- After all the steak cooks, add the Cajun compound butter. Allow it to melt, and add the steak pieces back to the pan. Turn to coat, and remove the pan from heat.
- Serve hot. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of ¼ pound of steak bites. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*The cook time for the steak pieces will depend on how large pieces are and how “done” you like your steak.
*The amount of Cajun butter can be adjusted to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: .25 pounds
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.